SAM Calls for Local Artists to Submit Exhibition Proposals
Please note: this is an old article.
This article was published on 6, May, 2016. The infomation contained wihin may be out of date or inaccurate.
Exhibit at SAM in December 2016
Each year SAM goes local across December and January, spotlighting the practice of local artists with three exhibitions;
- SAM Local. Spotlight,
- SAM Local. VCE Art and Studio Arts and
- SAM Local. Best of Friends.
SAM Local. Spotlight profiles the work of one artist with a solo exhibition. This initiative encourages, stimulates and promotes local and regional cultural activities as part of SAM’s annual program. It enables artists to experience working in a professional museum context. Exhibitions are programmed up to six months in advance.
Artists looking to apply are encouraged to contact SAM Senior Curator, Anna Briers for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must live within a 100km radius of Shepparton
- Applicant must be a Victorian resident
To apply to exhibit at SAM in December 2016 in SAM Local. Spotlight, eligible artists must submit the following by 5pm Wednesday 1 June, 2016 to Senior Curator Anna Briers email@example.com.
- A one page document that details your proposal, outlining your conceptual ideas or approach plus a short artist’s biography and contact detail
- 3-5 web resolution jpeg images of artworks labelled with your name, date, title, medium and dimensions.