SAM Open is an annual all ages exhibition that celebrates and showcases the creativity of the artistic community across Greater Shepparton, the Goulburn Valley and the Hume Region. SAM OPEN will increase awareness of local artists and creative practitioners amongst audiences from outside the region. Artists and creative practitioners working in any medium and at any experience level or career stage are invited to submit work for inclusion in the SAM OPEN.
The exhibition dates for 2022 SAM OPEN are:
19 March – 15 May 2022
The theme of the 2022 SAM OPEN Exhibition is ‘New Horizons’
Open callout dates
14 December 2021 Applications open
28 January 2022 Applications close
First week of February 2022 Acceptance notification made
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applications for SAM OPEN are accepted from artists and creative practitioners who currently live in the areas of the Goulburn Valley and the Hume Region.
- Artwork submitted can be in any medium including, for example, painting, sculpture, moving image, photography, drawing or installation.
- Only one artwork can be submitted per applicant, and it must have been made in the last 2 years.
- The artwork submitted must respond to the theme of ‘New Horizons’
- The size of submitted artwork must not exceed: 240 cm (h) x 200 cm (w) for 2D artworks, this includes diptych, triptych and works in a series; 240 cm (h) x 200 cm (w) x 320 cm (d) for 3D artworks. Submitted 2D artworks must be supplied ready framed, with a suitable hanging system or D-Rings attached.
- The applicant warrants that submitted artwork is their original work and does not infringe copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
Please complete the online application form below.
- Applicant’s contact details
- Artwork details: title, year completed, medium, dimensions (cm)
- Artwork image upload: up to three images in .jpg format (max 1MB each). One image must show the artwork in its entirety
- A short statement on the submitted artwork (max 150 words) on how it relates to the theme of ‘ New Horizons’.
- Pay the entrance fee of $40, which includes 1 year of Friend of SAM Membership. If you are already an active Friend of SAM, the cost of entry is $10 for an artwork handling fee. Your Friend of SAM Membership will become active upon the closure of the application period. You will receive an email confirmation of your new Friend of SAM Membership.
All efforts will be made by our Exhibitions Team to include all artworks submitted in the SAM OPEN Exhibition. However please note if SAM deems content of a proposed artwork to be offensive, illegal, dangerous or due to space limitations in the gallery not suitable for display then the artwork will not be shown and the application fee refunded.
Entrance Fee Portal